In our new Beat the Boss blackjack tournament, you don’t have to beat the house, you just have to beat the Boss. With your $25 entry fee you’ll be given $500 in tournament chips. Each player plays a five-hand shootout, and the top three chip winners get their share of the pot. And the best part is, 100% of the entry fees are returned to the players. Think that Ace can make you King of the Hill? Play Beat the Boss on Thursdays and find out.
Official Beat the Boss Blackjack Tournament Rules:
1. Tournaments are conducted each Thursday night. For each paid entry fee, players will receive two (2) drawing tickets for the Saturday “High Noon” drawing.
2. Entrants must be twenty-one years of age or older and require an El Cortez player’s club
card and identification for entry.
3. A $25 entry fee in live El Cortez casino chips or cash is required for entry into the tournament with a maximum of two (2) buy-ins per person, per night.
4. Each qualifying entrant will receive $500 in “No Cash Value” tournament chips.
5. Five (5) hands will be played one-on-one (“Heads Up”) with an El Cortez pit supervisor
utilizing a single deck of playing cards. The number of hands will be tracked by utilizing a flip card counter.
6. At the end of each round, each player’s remaining chips will be counted and the total entered on the tournament log as their score.
7. There is a $25 minimum bet per hand and $500 limit on the first four (4) hands. There is no limit on the fifth and final hand. If a player runs out of chips prior to completing five (5) hands, the player’s round is completed. All wagers must be in $5.00 increments. In the case of $2.50 chips, a player must bet two (2) chips to equal the $5.00 increment.
8. Single deck house rules are in effect during tournament play. “Double Down” after split is permitted. Insurance requires chips to be placed on the insurance line – No “Even Money”
9. No side bets such as Royal Match will be allowed during tournament play.
10. The three (3) players with the highest score will split 100% of the entry fees. All entry fees will be aggregated and disseminated to the winners of the tournament as follows:
If there are only two entrants for the tournament the 1st place winner will receive 60% of the winnings and the 2nd place winner 40% of the winnings. If there is only one (1) entrant,100% of the entry fees will be returned to the player.
11. In the event of a tie score, a five (5) hand playoff for each place tied will be conducted. Playoffs will continue until a definitive winner is established. Players who do not achieve the highest score during playoff rounds are eliminated from the prize pool. Only one winning score per person. Highest score will qualify for prize pool.
12. Tournament winnings are paid only at the casino cage from 9:30 pm to 12:00 am the night of each tournament. Prize money not picked up before 12:00 am the night of the tournament will be rolled-over to the next week’s tournament and added to the prize pool.
13. Names of the winners of the tournament will be posted at the pit directly after the results of the tournament have been confirmed.
14. El Cortez management reserves the right to modify or discontinue the tournament at any
time. All decisions made by management regarding any disputes during tournament play are